Monday, January 30, 2006

SoCal

Since getting out to the west coast I have been fairly busy... hence the long delay in posts. Between working and coming down with a flu bug I have only gotten out a couple of times. However, I have been fortunate enough to get the local tour (thanks Ian & Bridget)of some of So Cals 'winter' areas.
The quality of the rock and the lines at the Jupiter boulders (near Palm Springs) were a welcome surprise!. Although it is a small area, I had an excellent time with a fun posse of other climbers. Much was sent and more than a few first time sends where had! The Dos Cabezas area (near Ocotillo) was pretty fun, but do to the heat coupled with the aggresive rock type it was hard to get really psyched!
I hope to get out as often as possible while living here in SD, yet as I am now reduced to weekend warrior status it will be sporatic at best. Never the less... stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scraggle18 said...

Hi Chris! What is your day job out here in CA? I'm in Davis, currently taking a month off my law firm job to re-study for the bar exam. Nice to see you're out here on the west coast -- if you ever need a place to stay up here, don't hesitate to let me know! Is there a way to message me on this website? If not, my yahoo username is fireflymoon22, if you need to contact me!! =)

-Hilarie Lloyd

10:33 PM  
Blogger ludrock said...

Working for the man stinks!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter