Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bishop

Last weekend was the infamous 'dirt bag classic'!. However, with the pretenses of forgetting my pitching wedge and putter I didn't actually participate. I couldn't justify driving six plus hours to be in bishop on a perfect weekend to just play golf and drink. I know that those who participated had a great time, so maybe next year I'll give it a go... A few of my friends had never been to bishop so I gave them the tour: from the Happys to the Milks to Mammoth hot springs. After post holing in knee deep snow for twenty minutes, I found out the hard way that the BLM had removed some 'classic' hot spring/tubs. Eventually we made our way to a hot pool that had space available for a few more people. Not a moment to soon either, for a large group of international 'soakers' showed up about forty minutes later. It turns out that it was a double birthday celebration for several of the Russian women and they brought food and drink for all! We stayed a little longer, but with close to twenty people packed into a tub that normally handles about six comfortably it was time to move on.
The weather and the climbing made for a good time, but it was a long drive for such a short stay. Regardless it was an excellent weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter